You’re in the middle of an epic battle in your favorite video game when suddenly, the screen goes blank. Instead, you hear laughter coming from the living room, where your little sister is watching her favorite cartoon on the family TV. Naturally, you’re wondering if you can use your laptop as a replacement screen. The good news is that it’s possible to connect your laptop to the TV. This will let you continue playing your game on the big screen while your sister enjoys her show. There are a few ways to do this, but ill teach you the best way to connect PS4 to Laptop.
Connect PS4 with Laptop:
HDMI output is found on laptops and PS4s, but sadly, neither is designed for HDMI input. Though it may be more complicated than expected, it is still possible to use your laptop as a monitor for your PS4. The two easiest ways to connect your PS4 to your laptop:
- Capture card
- Remote Play
#1 Methode: Capture Card
A video capture card is a mini device that lets you watch the video or play games from your Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, or Xbox console onto any other device. Further, this card allows you to capture/record your gameplay.
Capture cards come in both internal and external varieties, with the latter being the more popular option due to its flexibility. External capture cards can be plugged into any computer via USB, while internal capture cards require opening up your console and installing the card into an empty PCI-E slot. No matter which route you go, a video capture card can be a great way to get the most out of your gaming console.
Follow the below mentioned to steps connect your laptop to PS4:
- Insert your video capture card into your laptop’s USB port.
- Install the software of the capture card
- To connect the capture with PS4, use S-Video Cable.
- Attach the HDMI Cable input side on Capture Card and the Output side on the PS4.
- Power On your console and run the Capture Card Software On your laptop.
- You’re stepping up to play your favorite game on a laptop.
#2 Methode: Remote Play
Since the release of the PS4, Sony has offered a streaming service called Remote Play which allows gamers to play their PS4 games on their PC or Mac. This can be a great feature for those who want to enjoy their PS4 gameplay on a bigger screen or for those who want to take their gaming with them on the go. Yet, it’s important to note that not all PS4 games are compatible with Remote Play. Nevertheless, Remote Play can be a great option for those who just want to enjoy some single-player action on their computer or laptop.
- You can download the “Remote Play APP” from Sony’s website on your laptop.
- Turn on your PS4, and From the Setting, Enable the “Remote Play APP.
- Via USB port or for wireless connection, hold the share button. You connect your Dual Shock PS4 Controler to your laptop.
- Run “Remote Play APP” and login into Network Account on your laptop